Let’s start by understanding what exactly is social media marketing?Social media marketing is basically when you use social media platforms and websites to promote a particular product or a service. Companies address a vast range of shareholders through social media marketing, which includes current and potential customers, current and potential employees, journalists, bloggers and the general public or audience. It involves activities such as posting texts, images, videos, content driven audience engagement, as well as paid social media advertising, analyzing your results, and running social media advertisements. Some of the major social media platforms at the moment include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram.
Social media marketing companies first started with publishing, businesses were sharing their content on social media to generate traffic to their website and sale. Nowadays, social media has matured far beyond being just a place to broadcast content. Currently businesses are using social media in n number of ways which include monitoring what people are saying about you, sending response to relevant mentions online, analyzing the reach and the engagement and the business that wants to reach a specific audience at a scale would run highly targeted social media ads.
The five core pillars of social media marketing are:
- Strategy: Always look at the bigger picture before publishing anything on social media. Step back for a moment and look what you’re going to post and how is it going to help you. The first step is knowing what your social media strategy is and what your goals are, how are you going to achieve them, which social media platform are you going to focus on.
- Planning and Publishing: More than three billion people use social media on a daily basis and being present on these platforms means that you’ve an opportunity to be discovered by your future customers. So, keep in mind to post the right content at the right time so that it reaches the right audience.
- Listening and Engagement: As you keep growing on these social media platforms, people will follow you and they will comment on your growth and posts about your brand. Surprise them by posting innovative stuff, delight them and support them.
- Analytics and Reporting:Once you start posting on social media and engaging with the audience you need to keep a track of how your social media marketing is performing and if you’re reaching the desired number of people through your posts. All the social media platforms do provide basic levels of such information.
- Advertising:Once you start growing through social media marketing, you can start considering social media advertising through which you can reach a wider audience. Social media advertising is so powerful that it gives you an option to choose to whom to show your ad to. You can create a target audience that is based on their demographics, interests, actions and more.
Some of the best companies that offer great social media marketing are
- Brainwork Technologies:
- Gozoop Online Pvt. Ltd.:
- Sparrow Interactive Pvt. Ltd.:
- Pinstorm Technologies Pvt. Ltd.:
- Dentsu Webchutney Pvt. Ltd.: