Facebook as of late declared Facebook Places, another element that permits you to "check in" to areas that you are presently at. This permits your companions to know where you are at a given point in time. Numerous individuals have communicated worry over this new component and might want to cripple it.
Here's the manner by which to impair Places on Facebook. Sadly, there isn't one single off button for Places, however on the off chance that you follow these means, you will be secured quickly. In the event that you are to a greater degree a visual student, Lifehacker has made a video that can be found toward the finish of this post, covering these means.
Sign onto Facebook.
- At the top, right corner, select Account > Privacy Settings.
- Under "Sharing on Facebook", ensure that Custom is chosen.
- Select "Redo Settings", situated towards the base of the page.
Under "Things I share", Change "Spots I register to" to "Just Me". To do this, you have to choose Custom, and afterward pick Only Me in the crate that springs up. At that point select Save Setting.
- Directly beneath that, cripple "Remember me for 'Individuals Here Now' after I check in". Do this by un-checking the container named "Empower".
- Under "Things others share", change "Companions can register me to Places" to "Incapacitated".
- Return to the Privacy Settings page. (Record > Privacy Settings like in Step 2)
- At the base of the page, under "Applications and Websites", select "Alter your settings".
- Close to "Information available through your companions", select "Alter Settings".
- Uncheck "Spots I register to". Select "Spare Changes".
Step by step instructions to Disable FaceBook Places (View fullscreen to see the subtleties)
That is it! What precisely did you simply do? Changing "Spots I register to" to "Just Me", keeps your area hidden from everybody, except you. Incapacitating "Remember me for 'Individuals Here Now' after I check in" guarantees that you won't appear in a rundown when individuals search who is in a specific spot, as found in the model beneath.
A significant setting that you debilitated is the "Companions can register me to Places" setting. This obstructs your companions from checking you in anyplace, regardless of whether you aren't the place they state you are.
Finally, you debilitated your companions' applications from knowing where you are. Except if Zuckerberg uncovers expanded Places usefulness, you are protected from others knowing your present area through Facebook.