Prathap C. Reddy is a cardiologist and an Indian business person who established the primary Indian medical clinic chain, Apollo Hospitals situated in Chennai, India. He is the Founder Chairman of Apollo Hospitals. He was positioned 48th in the 2017 rundown of India's 50 most influential individuals by India Today. He once clarified how he controlled India's administration to the country while getting met at the Harvard Business School for Creating Emerging Marketing. He is additionally the Founder of Lanka Hospitals, situated at Baseline Road close to Central Colombo. Starting at 2020, he has an expected total assets of $500 million.
Prathap C. Reddy-Biography
|Name||Prathap Chandra Reddy|
|Born||5 February, 1933|
|Birthplace||Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Education||Stanley Medical College, Chennai; Madras Christian College|
|Position||Founder Chairman of Apollo Hospitals; Founder of Lanka Hospitals|
|Net worth||$500 million (2020)|
|Awards||Padma Vibhushan (2010 ); Padma Bhushan(1991)|
|Biography||Healer: Dr. Prathap C Reddy and the Transformation of India by Pranay Gupte|
|Daughters||Preetha Reddy; Shobana Kamineni; Suneta Reddy; Sangeetha Reddy|
- Prathap C. Reddy-Personal Life
- Prathap C. Reddy-Education
- Prathap C. Reddy-Professional Life
- Prathap C. Reddy-Founder of Apollo Hospitals
- Prathap C. Reddy-Founder of Lanka Hospitals
- Prathap C. Reddy-Honors and Awards
Prathap C. Reddy-Personal Life
Prathap was brought into the world in Aragonda, Madras Presidency, British India (as of now, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India). He jumps at the chance to ruminate and ask and is exceptionally affected by folklore, crystal gazing and godmen.
He has four little girls, Preetha Reddy, Sangita Reddy, Suneeta Reddy, and Shobana Kamineni. They all work as the chiefs in the Apollo Hospitals. His amazing little girl, Upasana is hitched to perhaps the most famous entertainers in Telugu film, Ram Charan.
Prathap C. Reddy-Education
Prathap sought after his clinical schooling from Stanley Medical College in Chennai. He further worked at Massachusetts General Hospital. He likewise rehearsed medication at Boston Missouri State Chest Hospital, USA.
Prathap C. Reddy-Professional Life
Prathap is a business visionary and pioneer from a youthful age. He committed a cardinal business error while growing it to Sri Lanka. At the point when two of his girls needed to become specialists, he debilitate them. Furthermore, presently he needs one of his grandsons to get one.
While working at Massachusetts General in Boston, he was once slapped by a patient irritated at being treated by an Indian specialist. He is so modest as a specialist that he mentioned the chief not to make any move against the patient. He further established Apollo Hospitals and Lanka Hospitals.
Prathap C. Reddy-Founder of Apollo Hospitals
Prathap established Apollo Hospitals in Chennai in 1979. He fills in as the Founder Chairman of the chain of corporate emergency clinics and it developed to 38 claimed and 13 oversaw, treating patients from 120 nations. Under his administration, Apollo Hospitals set out open doors that took Indian specialists settled abroad back to India.
He sincerely put resources into innovation and assisted experts with progressing expertly. He attempted to incorporated a relieving climate into Indian medical clinics with the execution of crisis administrations and a culture of skill.
Prathap C. Reddy-Founder of Lanka Hospitals
Prathap established the tertiary consideration emergency clinic, Lanka Hospital in Sri Lanka and it is perhaps the biggest medical clinic in the country. It is an auxiliary of the parent organization, Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation.
Lanka Hospital was recently claimed by Apollo Hospitals. The medical clinic was enrolled in 2002 as a part of Apollo Hospitals. Be that as it may, Sri Lanka Insurance took the clinic in 2006. The emergency clinic was sincerely renamed in 2009 maintaining the authorized and backing administrations concurrence with Apollo Hospital.
Also Read:- Steve Huffman- Co-founder of Reddit
Prathap C. Reddy-Honors and Awards
- He got the Lions Humanitarian Award by Apollo Hospitals in 2018.
- Asian Business Leaders Lifetime Achievement grant in January 2013
- CNBC TV18 Lifetime Achievement grant for India Business Leaders Awards in January 2013
- NDTV Indian Lifetime Achievement grant in January 2013
- Apollo Hospitals won the G20 challenge on comprehensive business development for the Apollo Reach Hospitals activity in January 2012
- FICCI met him with the Lifetime Achievement Award in January 2011
- Lifetime Contribution Award from AIMA in January 2011
- Greatness Lifetime Achievement Award by the Alexandria - Frost and Sullivan 2010
- The Indian Government granted him the Padma Vibhushan, India's second-most elevated non military personnel grant in January 2010.
- Lifetime Achievement grant in January 2010
- The Government of India respected Apollo Hospitals with a Commemorative Postage Stamp in January 2009
- He was the Appointed Chairman of the CII National Healthcare Committee in January 2007
- Current Medicare Excellence Award by ICICI Group in January 2006 for phenomenal accomplishment in the medical care industry among others.
- The "Asia - Pacific Bio administration Award" from Marshall School of Business in January 2005
- Establishment Award for Excellence in Business Development (January 2004)
- Life Time Achievement Award (January 2002)
- Ernst and Young "Business visionary of the Year" grant (January 2001)
- He got the Fellowship Ad Hominem (January 2000)
- Sir Nilrattan Sircar Memorial Oration (JIMA) for exclusively taking consideration for a tremendous part of society (January 1998)
- Business India positioned him in Top 50 characters who had an effect to India since Independence (January 1997)
- He was perceived as Mother St Teresa's Citizen of the Year Award in January 1993 for spearheading endeavors in medical care
- In 1992, he was welcomed by the Government of India to be individual from the Working Group on Health Financing and Management.
- He was consulted with the Padma Bhushan, India's third most elevated non military personnel grant in 1991 for his commitment to the private medical services area.
- He got Asia Pacific Bio Business Leadership Award from the University of Southern California.